Friday, September 22, 2006

Get Ready for Season 3

The best drama on tv is Battlestar Galactica, and the new season starts in 2 weeks.
Yes, Lost is a fine show, and I hear The Wire is too. For sheer ingenuity and guts, though, Battlestar cannot be topped. Each episode is a cinematic experience. Each episode brings radical changes to narrative and characters alike, without sacrificing high standards of quality or betraying the audience for the sake of cheap sensationalism. Each episode tackles a relevant topic. The producers' aim is to make a show that is about the world we live in today, by transporting viewers to a far-flung drama in the stars. Does that sound far-fetched? You bet it does.
I came to the show skeptical, but now look at me. I challenge the most hard-nose skeptics to give Battlestar a shot: I guarantee that almost any single episode from the two previous seasons will win you over.
If you go now to SCIFI.COM, you can catch a salvo of webisodes readying us for the new season. Go here: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/index.php?cat=webisodes&vid=29339
Currently Battlestar is considered a "cult" phenomenon, because it only draws a little over 2 million viewers per new broadcast (!). Given more exposure, I think it can impress a much larger audience. Here's me doing my duty for the show and telling you don't miss out. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

My classmate Paul has been talking up that show to me; like you, he thinks it's tops. It sounds good!