Friday, November 20, 2009

The Magnificent Seventh


I'm feeling good about this draft, can you tell? It's consuming all hours of day and night, and in the seventh draft the manuscript is really coming into its own. I couldn't be happier! Hopefully this feeling will last... The emotional oscillation that comes with pounding away at a novel is nothing to be underestimated. In that spirit, I take this moment to shout and dance.

In a future post, I'll write about the book's soundtrack. Yes, I created a soundtrack to accompany reading it. Probably I'm not the first or even tenth person to do this, but it will make a good subject. There's the soundtrack, too, that accompanies composition, currently made up of Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D Major, Arvo Part's Tabula Rasa (a perennial), Orbital 2 and Snivilisation, and Explosion in the Sky's Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die. Musics and reading/writing go together in perfect harmony when you find the right accompaniment, a topic to which I'll return soon.

1 comment:

E. M. Epps said...

Will the first edition come with a mix CD? Beethoven, Part, and Orbital, my heart goes pitter-pat. :-D