Monday, January 05, 2009

A World of Music and Ideas

This year's Shaw for Consistent Excellence in Radio Diversity goes to...

I am a recent convert to KBCS 91.3, having stumbled across them after my cassette player gave up the ghost. Funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, they have the most diverse/eclectic radio programming I've seen in a single station, mixing social consciousness with funk, jazz, soul, electronica, medieval, latin, zydeco, R&B, Indian ragga... the list goes on and on. They stream online and maintain an excellent archive of past shows: definitely worth checking out.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

When we lived in Seattle 91.3 one one of the 5 stations I would regularly listen to. I miss it!

Unknown said...

Jonathan, they are streaming online if you have access.

Jonathan said...

Ah ha! Good to know, don't know why I didn't think of that...